jue 07 de sept|
San Diego Gives
Mission We ignite generosity, stimulate philanthropy, and foster a sustainable nonprofit sector. We connect more San Diegans to more local causes than ever before through innovative technology, learning opportunities, a 24-hour day of collective giving, volunteering, and more.
Horario y ubicación
07 sept 2023, 00:00 – 23:50
Acerca del evento
We ignite generosity, stimulate philanthropy, and foster a sustainable nonprofit sector. We connect more San Diegans to more local causes than ever before through innovative technology, learning opportunities, a 24-hour day of collective giving, volunteering, and more.
We envision an unparalleled region of giving — a San Diego County where community members are knowledgeable of community needs and the impactful responses of local nonprofits, helping each person’s generosity soar to its full potential.
- Operate from Abundance
San Diego Gives operates from a place of abundance, not scarcity, believing that philanthropy is not a zero-sum game and that resources are best invested in ideas that are inclusive, accessible, and ignite a passion in giving.
- Connected to Community
San Diego Gives is accountable to and connected with the communities we serve, believing that our ideas are improved by listening and responding to the needs of our stakeholders and that when making strategic decisions, we will be informed by the organizations and donors we serve and the funders who support our work.
- Equity in Action
San Diego Gives has a responsibility to actualize systems, practices, and services that create more equitable access to resources, acknowledging that structures of inequity exist in philanthropy. We apply multiple equity lenses to our decision-making and prioritize serving communities and individuals with less access to resources.
- Courage to Try
San Diego Gives strongly values informed action over prolonged analysis and believes that the change we want to realize in our region requires courage, innovation, and calculated risk. Our team is reflective and persistent in pursuing results and strives to learn from our successes and our failures.
2023 Campaign Goals
- Raise at least $1.5 million for 350 nonprofits.
- Engage a minimum of 4,000 donors, with 40% new to the organizations they support.
- Serve at least 600 unique nonprofit professionals through at least 25 capacity building workshops.
- Provide mentoring opportunities to at least 70 nonprofits.
- Secure at least $75,000 for matched funds and giving day prizes.
- At least 75% of donors will report that the campaign positively affected their giving.
- At least 75% of participating nonprofits will report increased learning in areas of fundraising and marketing by the end of the campaign.
Special Thank You
Thank you to Dennis Huynh for designing the San Diego Gives logo and for the tremendous contributions of the founding nonprofit organizations.